Pair of Battery PVC Terminal Clamp Covers
- Metal Battery Clamp for VW T25 from 1979 – 1992£9.00In Stock
- Battery Cover and Strap VW Beetle 1947 - 1967£54.00In Stock
- Pair of Quick Release Battery Terminals with Release Levers£15.00In Stock
This pair of PVC clamp covers are designed to protect the terminals on your vehicle’s battery. They take minutes to install but add years of protection.
• Made of PVC – Water resistant material,
• Easy to install – Simple product and flexible material,
• Terminals – Fits square clamps,
• Cables – Suitable for cables up to 20 mm in diameter,
• Colour coded – Easy to identify polarity.
Why should I install terminal clamp covers?
Battery terminal covers are a critical bit of kit, designed for keeping the terminals free of water. Battery terminal covers can be plastic, rubber or any kind of material that can seal the terminals against water and incidental electrical contact. If water comes into contact with the terminals, this may result in a reaction and produce nitric acid. This nitric acid can lead to corrosion and the breakdown of the lead battery post, especially so if you live in an area with a high moisture atmosphere. Many new vehicles use them to prevent short-circuiting or arcing against the car body.
We recommend that any wiring or fitting of electrical components are fitted by a professional if you’re not truly confident in what you’re doing.