The Mi01 Sentry Vehicle Tracker from Moving Intelligence, available at Just Kampers
The Mi01 Sentry from Moving Intelligence is a quick, easy and cost-effective way to secure your vehicle, whether it's a camper, classic car, van, motorhome, motorbike or anything else that you hold dear.
Small enough to be stowed away anywhere on your vehicle, the Mi01 Sentry uses GMS, GPS and radio frequencies to broadcast its location once every 24 hours, so you always know where it - and your treasured vehicle - is.
You can check these updates online, or via the iOS and Android apps, and set the updates to be more frequent if needed.
The unit is fully enclosed, with no external wiring which could be traced or targeted by potential thieves. This also means that the Mi01 Sentry doesn't draw power from your vehicle's batteries, and will last for five years without needing the batteries replaced.
Moving Intelligence, who created the Mi01 unit, are proud of the 94% recovery rate achieved by their tracker, and have sold over 12,000 of them throughout Europe. They opperate a 24/7 call centre, with recovery teams available around the clock to track down your vehicle in the event of a theft.
At a glance:
• Get daily updates on your vehicle’s location, for total peace of mind,
• The Mi01 Sentry will constantly feed back its location if your vehicle is stolen,
• The battery lasts for five years, and is totally independent from your vehicle’s batteries,
• Uses an annual subscription, after the initial payment for the unit,
• Small enough to be fitted to any classic car, van, camper or motorhome.
How does it work?
The unit can be stashed away anywhere in your vehicle, as its been designed to be as compact and inoccuous as possible.
With no external wires, and no continuous signal, it's virtually impossible for the Mi01 Sentry to be scanned for by potential thieves.
The tracker is totally inert for almost all of a 24-hour period, except for around two minutes each day when it sends out its location via GMS, GPS and radio frequencies, which are picked up by the security teams at Moving Intelligence. This two-minute window is the only time that the device could be found with a scanner, making it incredibly unlikely that it would be found this way.
About the unit:
Designed to be as small and inconspicuous as possible, Moving Intelligence's Mi01 Sentry tracker measures just 145 mm by 35 mm by 22mm. This compact size and plain black casing mean that there are dozens of places you could place the tracking unit on any vehicle, and allow it to work away on its own.
The tracker has its own battery system, which is fully integrated, with no wires which a potential thief could spot and trace. This also means that the unit won't draw from your vehicle or leisure battery, and will remain powered up for five years!
About the subscription:
Once you've purchased your Mi01 Sentry from us, you'll recieve an activation code with the unit which you can use on the Moving Intelligence website to bring your tracker online and register it to you.
There is a yearly subscription fee of £99 for the services that Moving Intelligence provide, including around-the-clock monitoring of the data being sent by your Mi01 Sentry tracker, the teams they have on standby to help recover your vehicle in the event of a theft, and full support services.
This subscription is entirely between you as the user of the Mi01 Sentry unit, and Moving Intelligence, with none of the money going to us at Just Kampers. This means that you're getting the best possible rate for truly impressive security on your treasured vehicle, all day, every day.
• Thatcham certified S7,
• Fully waterproof (IP67),
• Cloud-based platform and MiApp,
• Worldwide GMS and GPS coverage,
• 24/7 call centre,
• Internal battery with a lifespan of at least 5 years,
• 94% recovery rate,
• Over 12,000 sold European wide.
What does Thatcham certified mean?
Established by the motor insurance industry in 1969, Thatcham Research is a not-for-profit organisation which tests security devices in the automotive industry to rigourous standards.
They aim to contain or reduce the cost of motor insurance claims while maintaining safety standards, and are the UK’s only ‘not for profit’, insurer-funded research centre.
Moving Intelligence have had the Mi01 Sentry tracking unit certified by Thatcham, as a mark of its quality and reliability. The tracker has an S7 certificate for ‘Asset Location System Battery Powered’.
Thatcham Security Certification is a robust verification programme for the assessment and recognition of automotive security products. The certification concentrates on verifying functionality design and performance of a product.
What does IP67 mean?
The Mi01 Sentry unit has an IP (ingress protection) ranking of 67, written as IP67. This ranking means that the Sentry tracker is 100% protected against dust and sand getting into it, and protected against the effects of temporary immersion in water between 15cm and 1m deep. Duration of the waterproofing test is 30 minutes.
Requirements and testing for IP ratings are set by the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC), which is highly regarded.
Who are Moving Intelligence?
Part of the international Moving Intelligence Group, they’ve been creating innovative security systems for over twenty years. Anything which is important to you and can be moved can be covered by Moving Intelligence.
Their tracking systems function world-wide, and have an impressive 94% recovery rate.
Product specifications for the MiSentry:
• Minimum working life of five years, if the unit sends its position once a day,
• Utilises GMS, GPS and Radio Frequency,
• The 360° GPS antenna gives the MiSentry the best possible chance of issuing a strong signal,
• Supported by worldwide coverage, to keep your treasured possession safe wherever it is,
• A movement sensor and active alarm add an extra layer of protection,
• Your vehicle will be monitored by a Security Operations Center (SOC) Alarm centre around the clock,
• The MiSentry has been Thatcham Certified, with an S7 certificate for ‘Asset Location System, Battery Powered’,
• You can check up on your vehicle on the online platform and in the MiApp on your Android or iOS device,
• The internal battery is fully sealed and tamper-proof, and will last for around five years,
• Requires an annual subscription of £99,
• It’s fully wireless, which means there’s no cables which can be targeted to disable the device,
• It’ll keep a record of it’s location history, allowing you to track your vehicle if it is taken,
• Fully waterproof up to 1 metre, with an IP67 Waterproof specification,
• Measures just 145mm x 35mm x 22mm, so it’s easy to conceal in your vehicle.
Download more information
If you're still after more information about the Mi01 Sentry tracker unit, there are two PDFs linked below which you can download.
Put together by Moving Intelligence, they've got a wealth of information about the trackers, how they work and what happens if your vehicle is stolen.