A great example of a late Bay from the final year of its production in Germany.
Very carefully driven & very well maintained by a retired pet-free non-smoker.
2000cc air cooled CJ engine with 4 speed manual gear-box & twin port carburetor
Legally road tax & MOT exempt - Buyer will get a new MOT even though it is exempt.
Mexico beige (P27) coachwork with white pop-up roof & very clean original Westfalia brown plaid cloth interior. (All re-sprung/renewed with original Westfalia plaid) Almost everything has been renewed. (Lots of receipts & photos)
Speedometer reads 69041 miles but engine was completely rebuilt during October 2016 at 66869 miles (see rebuild details below & photos will be emailed), 2 x new batteries with a split charge system for the leisure battery, 4 x good R rated tyres.
Van sleeps 4 and a child, passenger front seat swivels, rear seat belts, great carpet, 2 ta-bles, 12v lighting, radio, curtains & nets, gas cooker, washbasin, water pump, 240v hookup, split charging, electric cooler, 20L water tank, built-in small safe for valuables etc. Listing also includes a Bulldog wheel clamp & a new Just Kampers rain cover.
Note: Gas to the cooker has been disconnected for safety but easy to reconnect.
VW 2000cc air-cooled CJ engine rebuild during September/October 2015 at 66869 miles. See details:
• New main bearings
• New big end / con rod bearings
• New cam bearings
• New Mahle piston and barrel set (new not recon)
• 2 x New cylinder heads (new not recon)
• New push rod tubes
• Original Barrel deflector tins
• Victor Reinz seal kit
• Elring front and rear seals
• Fitted with solid lifters push rods and (rockers supplied)
• Original genuine VW rocker covers.
• Original fan, fan case, timing scale and guard
• This case has not been painted to look pretty so it won't leak :-)
• Case sealed with Curil K2.
I am travelling abroad till May 2024 so please contact via email. RJDAVE01@HOTMAIL.COM