What To Take When You Travel Abroad

What To Take When You Travel Abroad

More from this author

What To Take When You Travel Abroad

A little preparation before you travel is all it takes to ensure you have an enjoyable holiday, plus it will save you time, money and stress when you get there!

It's important that you have all of the compulsory items with when you travel.  The JK Team have racked their brains come up with a list of commonly forgotten things that  you must remember when you travel abroad.

Some of them may seem obvious but it's the obvious things that normally slip your mind .....

Ring European Travel Kit

Part no: J31239

Be prepared for your next journey with the Ring European Travel Kit.  

Useful for the UK and essential for Europe, the kit contains:

1 x warning triangle, 2 x high visibility jackets. 1 x universal bulb kit, 1 x set of beam converters, 1 x GB sticker 1 x first aid kit, 1 x foil blanket, 1 x twin pack of NF approved breathalyzers, 1 x carry bag.

All products are manufactured to UK required standards where applicable.


Bulb Kits


Clutch Cables


Alternator Belts


Headlight Beam Converters


Alco Breathalyser (Twin Pack )

Part no:  J20111

Several countries in the EEC now require you to carry a breathalyser in your vehicle. If your planning a trip to Europe in your camper make sure your covered with our twin pack Alco Breathalyser.

Fire Extinguishers


European Health Card

The European Health Card is valid throughout the European Economic Area and Switzerland.  The EEA consists of EU members plus Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway. 

The European Health Insurance Card enables you to access reduced-cost, sometimes free, state provided health care should you need it when you are abroad.  It also covers you for pre-existing conditions. 

You can find full details on the NHS website 


Photocard Driving Licence Paper Counterpart

The AA recommends that you retain the Paper Counterpart of your driving licence if you are travel abroad.  Just because the use of the paper counterpart has been abolished in the UK it does mean that you won't need it in the EU.

Better to be safe than sorry!


Oh and don't forget your PASSPORT!!!

2 years ago