JK's exclusive Preservation Parts panels
We’ve been making panels at JK since we started restoring VW Campers and Beetles way back in 1989. Our range has been developed by using either ‘new old stock’ original VW panels, or by taking accurate templates from rust and damage free Californian vehicles.
Today the team who manufacture our Preservation Parts panels at JK HQ even trial fit them too. We’re currently fitting a full set of top quality Preservation Parts panels to the offside of a T2 Split.
Our panels are exported world wide and it’s great to know some are even used by VW Germany themselves in their Classic Restoration department in Hannover!
Here are five reasons why you should restore your vehicle with our panels:
1. All of our exclusive panels are made in the UK by staff who have huge knowledge and experience, and who fit the panels themselves.
2. We only use the correct metal thickness, as per the original VW bodywork, to ensure the panels maintain the same structural integrity.
3. All our steel is UK sourced cold rolled CR4 grade*. This means that it’s excellent quality and will last for a long, long time.
4. Our panels are powder coated so they will not start to oxidise while they are stored or transported. You will need to sand back the coating to bare steel only in the areas to be welded. The rest of the coating can be left and acts as an excellent barrier against future corrosion.
5. Attention to detail. We have added back in the original detailing lost in so many reproduction panels. See the three examples below.
* What are CR4 Steels? CR4 steels are deep drawing quality Aluminium Killed (non-aging) mild steel revealed in ISO 3574 and are graded correspondent to SPCF steels in JIS G3141 standard. The only difference between CR3 & CR4 steels is that CR4 steels are non-aging steel and are very slowly deteriorated in mechanical properties with respect to time.