Looks like you’re interested in joining the JK Team? We’d love to have you onboard!
Just Kampers is one of the leading producers and suppliers of parts and accessories for a huge range of VWs, from the classic air-cooled Beetle to the brand new VW T6.1 van.
There’s a team of more than 50 of us here at JK HQ in Odiham, Hampshire, working hard to make sure that we can get our customers the right products at the right prices, and get them delivered quickly. Whether you’re looking to join the team in our fast-paced warehouse, or you’ve got your eye on a role in our marketing, purchasing, sales or customer service teams, you’ll find the roles laid out below.
We’re based in a converted WWII aircraft hangar in Odiham, Hampshire – just down a winding country lane from RAF Odiham. In fact, you’ll often see Chinooks flying over while having lunch outside in the summer!
Because it’s fairly out of the way, you’ll need to be able to drive to work at JK HQ, since we’re a fair way from public transport. Some of us do cycle into work, but there are a lot of narrow country roads around here and no showers on site, so it’s not always the best option!
Click the links below to see our current roles, and send your CV to email@example.com
Warehouse Operative: Temporary Role
Posted 27 June 2023
We’re looking for Warehouse staff to join our team at Just Kampers in Odiham, Hampshire. Our warehouse team play a vital role in the business so we’re looking for the right people to start immediately.
We offer competitive rates of pay, plus staff discounts on any parts you need for your own VWs. Knowledge of Volkswagens, or cars in general, is preferred but not essential and you’ll need your own transport due to our location.
Our rates of pay are £10 to £11 per hour, dependant on experience, and a performance bonus. If targets are met, hourly rate increases up to £14.00 per hour.
The warehouse team works in shifts, either 7am to 4pm, or 10am to 7pm. Normal contract days are Monday to Friday, but there is an opportunity for weekend work, as the warehouse is open seven days a week.
• Picking: Ability to correctly pick products from the warehouse itemised on a digital picking gun,
• Packing: To correctly and efficiently pack products ready for dispatch,
• Goods In: Assist in the unloading of vehicles, quality control of goods, and putting stock away to storage.
• Picking: Basic knowledge of warehouse storage area layout, coding system and procedures to efficiently pick products to process sales. Full training given.
• Packing: Basic knowledge of computer systems to generate packaging labels. Full training will be given.
• Goods In: Basic knowledge of goods in department.
• Picking: Use knowledge of products to select the most adequate carrying equipment to collect products from the storage area. Ability to operate wave picking machinery, (full training given) Select the correct items and quantities for orders,
• Basic level of fitness,
• General daily cleanliness of the warehouse facility as directed by the Team Leader.
• Use knowledge of products to select the most cost-effective packaging for the products being despatched,
• When necessary ensure that special packaging is used. Ensure the order is complete and ready for dispatch. Correctly generate Interlink labels for each shipment. Be able to reach team and individual targets. Ensure that personal work areas are kept clean and tidy.
• The ability to work in a target driven environment is paramount,
• Acceptance of authority from Team Leaders and Supervisors,
• Other duties may be required depending on operational needs,
• Assist throughout Just Kampers where necessary,
• Maintain designated area of responsibility.
Please send CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sales Executive Role
Posted 5 May 2023
We’re hiring! We’re looking for someone outgoing and knowledgeable to join the JK Team, as part of our fantastic sales department at JK HQ in Odiham, Hampshire.
Sales roles at JK don’t often arise, but due to our expanding range and increasing customer base, we’re looking for a new Sales Executive, so we can continue to maintain our high level of service.
Our sales team play a vital role, handling hundreds of enquiries via telephone, email, social media, and face-to-face on a daily basis.
Being the first point of contact for our customers, it’s vital that we have the right people in the JK Team who can help us continue to excel.
Successful applicants will need to:
• Demonstrable knowledge of classic and modern Volkswagens,
• Work well within an established team,
• Display excellent communication skills,
• Be an adaptable team player, with solid computer skills,
• Understand Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word,
• Be willing and able to learn our bespoke, in-house IT system,
• Show excellent tea-making skills!
If you think you have what it takes and are looking to work full-time in the VW scene, please send your CV to email@example.com
About the role
Title: Sales Executive
Hours: Full Time, 8:30 to 17:30, Monday to Friday
Location: Just Kampers, Odiham, Hampshire, RG29 1JE
Salary range – We’re looking to take on a Sales Executive who knows their VW Type 3 from their VW T3, or can demonstrate that they’re willing and able to learn the ins and outs of classic and modern VWs in no time. Because of this, we’re offering a salary range which may see a higher starting salary offered to applicants who can demonstrate a solid understanding of classic and modern Volkswagens.
Working from home – Although this was part of the measures we took during the Covid-19 lockdowns, remote work isn’t an option for this role at this time.
Members of our sales department will often need to physically check products from our warehouse, and speak face-to-face with colleagues from other departments. Our offices are based above the warehouse here at JK HQ, which makes it easy for us to reply to customer queries about the range of 10,000+ parts and accessories which we stock.
Attending shows – If you join our sales department, you may be asked to attend and work at VW shows and events, and other trade shows, throughout the year. These aren’t mandatory, and as much notice is given of the dates as possible, but you will earn extra money at more than your standard hourly rate by working at shows.
If this sounds good to you, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org