Just Kampers Forums

1975 Devon T2 Eurovette?

All general chat postings here please.

1975 Devon T2 Eurovette?

Postby tjbrestorrations » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:36 pm

I have recently started to restore a sad 1975 Devon T2 on an N Plate. The outside and underneath is not the problem. The inside and what layout was original. I have removed all the fixtures and it appears to have a sink and cooker unit behind the sliding door. I think the sink and cooker unit have been altered and it should have a swing out cooker on the left of the sliding door, am I correct? To all those with more knowledge than me, many thanks.
Regards Phil
tjbrestorrations

Re: 1975 Devon T2 Eurovette?

Postby shaun » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:42 pm

Hi Phil and welcome to the forum. I have seen some vans with the layout you describe.
My own is a 1969 caravette and has the cooker on the right as you enter the sliding door, no sink and two buddy seats, wardrobe and cool unit on the left. I have only seen one van with a L/H swing out cooker unit though. Hope this helps :)
shaun

Postby Jolly_Boy_A » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:04 pm

Welcome to the forums, Phil.
I have a '76 Devon Eurovette. The sink and fridge unit in on the right as you enter the sliding door and extends back as far as the spare wheel well. The swing out cooker is on the left of the slider, behind the passenger bulkhead. Behind the driver bulkhead is a wardrobe and buddy seat.

Here are a few piccies for reference:

Hope they help. :)
Those evil-natured robots,
They're programmed to destroy us
She's gotta be strong to fight them,
So she's taking lots of vitamins
Jolly_Boy_A

Postby Danbury_Doug » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:24 pm

Hi and welcome! :D

I had many happy years with a Eurovette, also on an 'N' plate. 8-)

I hope you'll keep us updated with progress on your restoration!
Danbury_Doug

Postby tjbrestorrations » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:32 pm

Many thanks for coming to back to me I wish my camper resembled yours..... never mind hopefully it will do one day.

Thanks for the info re the layout.

Kind regards - Phil
tjbrestorrations

Postby joneb » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:47 pm

Hi Phil , good luck with restoration , i have 1973/4 Devon all as above,i have extra buddy seat between drivers and passenger seats, which cant see on above pics but might be an addition, may be wrong but think they had cool unit originally before peeps changed to fridge?? Swing out cooker on left is defo and great on a sunny day to cook outside and keep smells out of van and give bit more space inside, great little vans, i love mine , enjoy it and have fun!!

JON
joneb

Postby Danbury_Doug » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:19 pm

Yep mine had a cool unit beneath the sink, and then storage/water tank behind.

:)
Danbury_Doug

Postby joneb » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:56 pm

Hi again phil just to let you know think you might find cooker in for sale section thought i saw one other day but think he was taking to vanfest??
joneb

Postby Jolly_Boy_A » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:12 pm

The fridge was an option for the Eurovette from 1976 onwards.

The seat box that went between the front seats was only fitted from 73 to 75 (I think). One of it's functions was to be reversed and used as a seat at the dining table. However, from 76 the buddy seat behind the driver bulkhead had a fold over flap that legs were screwed to that acted as a second dining seat.
Jolly_Boy_A

Postby Danbury_Doug » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:04 am

I did wonder whether the fridge was an option.
I think I've got that options list, come to think of it, along with a couple of Eurovette brochures I got from the showroom, when they were being sold new!

Also, if my memory serves me correctly, when the cooker is swung out its detachable top then slots into a fitting on the passenger seat bulkhead, and then a table leg can be screwed into the underside and hey presto, an additional bit of work surface is formed! All clever stuff!
Danbury_Doug

Postby BrotherNumberOne » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:55 am

Good knowledge from jolly boy and Danbury doug! I've sold my eurovette unfortunately, really nice vans though, good luck with it. :)
BrotherNumberOne

Postby joneb » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:52 pm

Danbury_Doug wrote:I did wonder whether the fridge was an option.
I think I've got that options list, come to think of it, along with a couple of Eurovette brochures I got from the showroom, when they were being sold new!

Also, if my memory serves me correctly, when the cooker is swung out its detachable top then slots into a fitting on the passenger seat bulkhead, and then a table leg can be screwed into the underside and hey presto, an additional bit of work surface is formed! All clever stuff!

Brill thanks doug i did wonder what that leg srew hole/bracket was for!! ive fitted extra flap on side of my cooker which ive made a leg for which once cooker is swung out., it gives me extra work surface next to cooker in door opening when cooking outside, good to see your original paperwork.My buddy between seats has removable back rest too, clever peeps these G er mans!! ;) Woow just noticed ive got the original seat covers on mine too, thought they looked very 70s kitch :o Cheers boys always learning on here which keeps me addicted.
joneb

Postby Danbury_Doug » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:52 am

You're welcome, Jon. :)

I like the idea of your extra bit of work surface, when the cooker is swung out!
Danbury_Doug

Postby Jolly_Boy_A » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:51 pm

Hmm. I replied this morning but the post seems to have disappeared. :roll:

Anyway, for a 75 onwards Eurovette you should have 6 table legs - 4 long and 2 short.
The long ones are used for the table (1 for indoor use, 4 for outdoor use) and the cooker cover worktop and the 2 shorter ones for the fold out buddy seat.
Jolly_Boy_A

Postby joneb » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:27 pm

Sorry jolly boy it was your paperwork . Mines same colour as yours. wish i could get my pics to load ,bit of a dino and dont like those photo bucket or is it bouquet :D tings.Will keep trying :geek: not. :? Cheers anyway always good to know these tings!!
joneb

Postby Jolly_Boy_A » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:00 pm

Use phtotobucket, joneb.
It's by far the easiest way to post pictures on the forum.

Here are a few pix of my buddy seat -

Travel/single seat mode:

Cushions removed:

Storage underneath:

Double seat mode:

Jolly_Boy_A

Postby joneb » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:33 pm

Need to get son to teach me suppose, jolly boy.Trub with those sites you give them permission ta use your pics dont ya?? YEP similar to mine but dont have doblo seat thats neat mmm i could do that, mine is storage or commonly known by other half as the spares garage,cables ,bulbs, plugs ,points, dizzy cap ,fan belt, spare steering wheel!!etc etc etc, but she wants a car zee with a view now :lol: :roll: so may have to move else where :cry:
joneb

Postby sparky_wig » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:04 pm

joneb wrote:Need to get son to teach me suppose, jolly boy.Trub with those sites you give them permission ta use your pics dont ya??

No, they're your pics.
If you set the albums to private only you can access and view them as well. Photobucket is easy to use once you get going.
sparky_wig

Postby joneb » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:13 pm

Cheers sparky , ive tried a few times but im not up to speed ha ha with it at mo, think its called getting old and forgetting what you did before :lol: crazy really coz i normally work out how to do the things you lot teach me about my camper ok?? One track mind no doubt.Always was better when someone showed me first :lol:
joneb

Return to KamperChat